BRIDGES 2021 - Leading in a Time of Transformation
BRIDGES 2020 Graduates Zooming through the Friday Center for Continuing Edcuation at UNC Chapel Hill Photo incudes new UNC Charlotte BRIDGES sisters: Sabrina Brown & Kendra Jason
BRIDGES, an inclusive professional development program for women in higher education, is held in Chapel Hill during each fall semester. Since 1997, over 50 women from the UNC Charlotte community have participated in BRIDGES. They represent many academic departments as well as women in administrative positions at all levels. The program, designed for women who seek to gain or to strengthen their academic leadership capabilities, is organized into four weekend sessions, each beginning on Friday at noon and ending on Saturday afternoon. The program is designed to help women identify, understand, and build their leadership roles in the academy. All sessions will be held in Chapel Hill and attendance at each session is required.
Through the program, participants will:
- develop insights into leadership, with a particular focus on the special skills and attributes women bring to their leadership roles
- acquire an understanding of the many facets of colleges and universities
- refine and improve their cross-cultural communication skills
- create a program of personal and professional development to benefit themselves and their institutions.
- faculty interested in developing their leadership skills
- faculty looking to move into academic administration
- administrators with managerial and supervisory responsibilities
- administrators seeking a greater range of responsibilities.
Below are the Confirmed Fall 2021 dates and locations:
- Friday, September 10, Noon, Through Saturday, September 11, 4:30 PM
- Friday, October 1, Noon, Through Saturday, October 2, 4:30 PM
- Friday, October 22, Noon, Through Saturday, October 23, 4:30 PM
- Friday, November 12, Noon - 8:30 PM
- Saturday, November 13, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
For more information, including program details, you may also wish to visit the UNC Chapel Hill BRIDGES' website.